What is a Landing Page?
A landing page is a one page website that condenses all of the information that you want to convey within that single page. The landing page can be considered the home page in some instances however a home page is called home because there are other separate pages attached to it.
The Purpose of a Landing Page
The purpose of the Landing Page is to bring your message and capture your visitors email address in order to add them to an email list. The most important element of the landing page is the call to action which is when you request your visitor to do something while on your page. A call to action can be a request to “buy now” or “sign up today” in order to persuade the visitor to complete some action. The most important thing about the call of action is that you must get the contact information of the visitor.
How Can a Landing Page Help My Business?
1. Providing an online presence – There are many businesses out there that do not have a website and they suffer because they are not attracting or retaining customers that use their computers or mobile devices to do business. Having a landing page gives you an opportunity to reach customers that like to use the Internet to learn about your product or service
2. Cost effective – The Landing page is the most cost effective web presence that you can have for your business if you have a tight marketing budget. If you do not have a following yet it is whise to make the smaller investment until you get your email list large enough to effectively connect with a larger audience.’
3. Build your email list – A Landing Page is an excellent way for you to build an email list from your visitors by having a call to action. The call to action will request your Landing Page’s visitor enter their name and email address in order for you to maintain contact with them. Once you get their email address you automaically get permission to email them more informaiton about your business.
4. Easy to update – A Landing Page is a very simple but powerful online tools used by many large and small businesses. Because the Landing Page is made up of just one page it is much easier to go in and update the information yourself without having to have a designer go in and provide the update.
What can you do with a Landing Page?
Once you get your domain name and create your Landing Page you can place your domain name on your business cards, brochures and flyers. Place a short form on your Landing Page in order to get your visitor to leave their email address in order for you to contact them in the future.
Developing Your Brand
- Create your mission
- Cultivate your business identity
- Establish brand logos
- Before you get started
- Think about your product or service
- Brainstorm your methods
- Planning your website content
- Finding related links
- Add images, audio or video
- Information pertaining to your business
- Content related to your profession
- Images that reflect your business goals
- Finding related information
- Sort, organize and outline content
- Write, re-write and edit content
- Set up
- Plug ins
How Do We Create a Landing Page?
There is a detailed process that we follow whenever we are creating a Landing Page. It is similar to creating a website in the respects that the Landing Page still has to be hosted. Before getting started with the website it is important to brainstorm your ideas and keywords needed for the message that you are trying to convey
- Register your domain name
- Secure your web hosting
- Determine your platform
- Gather your images
- Collect your content
- Build your design
- Upload your files
Theses are the first steps to building a powerful Landing Page. Once you have launched your Landing Page you can start to include it in your marketing efforts. The Landing Page will have a call to action which requests the email address of the visitor. Once the email is send the visitor will receive a thank you email automatically. You call to action is set up based on they type of business that you have. Once you capture your visitors email address there are several things that you can do to maintain a relationship with your visitor.
The Call to Action
One of the main functions of the Landing Page is to get your visitor to take action by entering their email address, completing a survey, making a reservation or making a purchase. The Call to Action is determined by the your goals for your Landing Page and may change as you experiment with the best method to reach your audience. Since the Landing Page is just one page to represent your business the best way to get the most benefit from a Landing Page is to capture your visitors email information and have them opt into your email list. Once you get their email address you can begin to build a relationship with them
Contact Information vs Sale
A Landing Page is an excellent sales tool, however building a relationship with your visitor is much more important than making a sale. If you make a sale that’s wonderful but if you are not able to maintain a consistent relationship with your customer that one sale may be your only sale to them. If you maintain contact with your customer you have the ability to contact with on a regular basis about new products, services and benefits. A well written Landing Page takes both of these things into consideration when making the call to action.